The format for this interest group meeting will be:
- Review of Group Resources
- Planning of Summer Symposia
- Potential grant announcements, publications, webinars, seminars, symposia and national and international meetings, sharepoint site, listserv, etc pertinent to lung disease
- 2 short presentations (about 20-25 mins in length) from investigators doing research that can effect lung disease
- Discussion after each presentation to give the presenter critical feedback and establish potential collaborations
Our speakers will be Dr. Carressa Gerald (NCCU) and Dr. Coby Schal (NCSU) who will present a brief overview of their pulmonary research topic and the attempts and struggles to gain NIH funding (successfully or not).
Lunch will be provided and trainees are encouraged to attend.
If you are interested in presenting at future meetings, please let us know. This will be a great forum to get critical feedback and establish collaborations with other investigators from CHHE.