Resources for Center Members and Students
Opportunities for community engagement, skill-building, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
The CEC provides opportunities for Center members and their students to build and enhance their skill sets related to community engagement, science communication, and public outreach. Opportunities for collaboration include:
- Reviewing and providing feedback for public-facing presentations or materials;
- Technical consultation on survey instruments, questionnaires and interview protocols;
- Translating and disseminating research results;
- Connecting with local educators or community organizations for a Pilot Project or other collaboration;
- CEC-led guest lectures on community engagement, science communication, environmental health literacy or environmental justice;
- Providing feedback on CHHE Community Grants;
- Hosting local science teachers in your lab during the summer;
- Incorporating outreach, education or engagement into a research proposal.